About the Trainer – Amit Bansal
Amit R S Bansal is a SQL Server Specialist at SQLMaestros (brand of eDominer Systems). He leads the SQL and BI practice with a much focused team providing consulting, training and content development services to more than 160+ SQL customers globally.
He frequently speaks at international conferences including MS Ignite, SQLBits, SSGAS/DPS, PASS Summit.
Amit is also honoured with Microsoft Regional Director status, MVP award and Microsoft Certified Master of SQL Server credential.
Amit has been working with SQL Server since 1999 and has been part of countless mission critical SQL deployments. Performance Tuning in SQL Server is his core area of expertise. To learn more about Amit, visit http://sqlmaestros.com/amit-bansal/
SQL Server Internals, Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning
Event Pricing details
- First 10 registrations receive a $300.00 discount –
$1,950.00$1,650.00 + GST
- Full price (registrations) is $1,950.00 + GST
Event Cancellation policy
- Cancellations prior to May 1st, 2018: 25% cancellation charge applies
- Cancellations from May 1st, 2018 to June 1st, 2018: 50% cancellation charges apply
- Cancellations on or after May 25th, 2018: 100% cancellation charges apply
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend this event
Have you ever been to Army-Training? And when was the last time you had a brain-melting experience? Welcome to the most rigorous SQL training you ever had. This 24-hour course is designed to give you the right amount of Internals knowledge and loads of practical tuning & optimization techniques that you can put into production right-away.
SQL Server is an enterprise level RDBMS server with a very powerful database engine capable of handling the toughest of requirements in terms of scalability, availability, extensibility and performance. Many factors impact performance. A solid understanding of SQL Server internals is very critical for anyone who troubleshoots SQL Server performance.
The 24-hour class offers a comprehensive coverage of SQL Server architecture (SQL OS/CPU/Memory/IO), indexing and statistics strategies, transactions and isolation levels, locking and blocking, troubleshooting memory usage, query plans, parameter sniffing, deadlocking, plan cache, wait and latch statistics, Extended Events, DMVs and PerfMon. Throughout the course, you will see dozens of advanced, real-world demos.
This course is not version specific and everything you learn can be applied to SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server 2017.
The course is very demo rich. Hands-On-Labs material will be available to work through the demos and after the course at your own pace.
During the three days of class attendees learn the following topics:
- SQL Server Components and SQL OS
- Windows Scheduling vs SQL
- Waits and Queues
- CPU/Scheduler Troubleshooting
- I/O Troubleshooting
- Tempdb Troubleshooting
- SQL Server Memory Architecture
- Memory Troubleshooting
- Concurrency and Transactions
- Locking Internals
- Concurrency Troubleshooting
- Statistics Internals and Cardinality Estimation
- Index Internals
- Index Fragmentation
- Indexing Techniques
- Index Tuning
- Implementing Extended Events
- Query Execution and Query Plan Analysis
- Plan Cache Internals
- Troubleshooting Plan Cache Issues
- Real-World Query Tuning Examples
- Optimizing T-SQL code / Rewriting including Query Hints