Database Lifecycle Management (DLM) is a comprehensive approach to managing the database schema, data and metadata for a database application. It encompasses the established principles and practices of DevOPs and allows you, the data professional to apply them when deploying changes and code to your SQL Server databases.
Using both Redgate tools as well as Team City and Octopus Deploy we have designed this course 1 of 3 that will train you in the principles of DevOPs and DLM focusing specifically on Continuous Integration for the Database.
This course will be run on our own hosted standardised VMs which you will use for the practical aspects of the course and are your very own area to play with and test things out. Do not worry about breaking things, that is the point, we want you to try things out during this course!!
Module 2: Continuous Integration for the Database
In this module we will teach you:
- Introduction to Continuous Integration
- Introduction to a build server (Team City) and connecting it to source control
- Demonstrate how we can use Redgate DLM automation for database builds
- Automating our builds and doing initial deployments to a cloned database
- Introduction to unit tests and running tests with tSQLt
- Bringing it all together with Redgate DLM Dashboard to showcase deployment visibility
Who is this course for:
This course is for the DBA, Developer or Tester who works with making/deploying changes to SQL Server Databases. By utilising DevOPs principles in the deployment process this course will teach you how to achieve repeatable, reliable automated deployments to production a database.