About the Trainer – Ginger Grant
Ginger Grant provides consulting services in advanced analytics solutions, including machine learning, data warehousing, ETL, reporting and cube development, Power BI, Excel Automation, Data Visualisation and training. Ginger started working with data to provide solutions across a wide range of industries including Insurance, Education, Healthcare, Finance and Transportation. She is a prolific blogger at http://www.desertislesql.com and a frequent speaker at conferences and events world wide to introduce more people to current developments and future trends in data.
She is proficient in creating solutions using the entire Microsoft Data Stack, which includes SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI and Azure Data Cloud components including Data Factory, Data Lakes, Data Analytics, IOT, Event Hubs, Machine Learning Workbench and as a Microsoft Certified Trainer offers training on technical topics as well. Microsoft has recognised her technical contributions by awarding her a MVP in Data Platform.
Power BI from Start to Finish
Event Pricing details
- First 10 registrations receive a $300.00 discount –
$1,300.00$1,000.00 + GST
- Full price (registrations) is $1,300.00 + GST
Event Cancellation policy
- Cancellations prior to May 1st, 2018: 25% cancellation charge applies
- Cancellations from May 1st, 2018 to June 1st, 2018: 50% cancellation charges apply
- Cancellations on or after June 1st, 2018: 100% cancellation charges apply
- Registrations can be transferred to a colleague to attend this event
Interested in using the self-service data analytics functionality of Power BI but are not sure where to start? Want to understand not only how to make it work but also the money saving options to ensure your deployment is successful? You will want to attend this class.
This class is designed to introduce users to Power BI and learn how to develop reports while using the tips and techniques learned through years of client consulting to provide a scalable analytic solution. The course will include demonstrations and exercises to provide attendees with a thorough explanation of all the material presented.
During the two days of class attendees learn the following topics:
- Power BI Desktop Walkthrough
- Data Modelling for an effective report solution
- Adding data from different sources
- Developing initial aggregations, including Totals and Averages
- Designing interactive visually appealing data visualizations
- Creating Time based calculations, such as Same Period Last Year and Rolling 12 Month values
- Cleaning up badly formatted data
- Visualisation Colour and Layout Techniques
- Power BI Deployment and Access
- Security Techniques for Reports and Data
- Automatic Data Refresh
- Administration considerations
- Mobile Deployment of Power BI Reports